WELCOME TO THE FOOD BANK OF SOUTHERN IOWA
- For every $1 donation, the Food Bank of Southern Iowa can provide five meals
- 1 in 8 Iowans is food insecure
- 1 in 5 Iowans does not have enough to eat
- 359,469 Iowans live at or below the poverty level
- In the 13 counties we serve, 23% of the population lives with the need for food to supplement their daily needs
- The Food Bank of Southern Iowa was founded in 1983
- Food is distributed through churches, senior centers, daycare centers, homeless shelters, drug and alcohol treatment centers, and other nonprofit agencies
- We serve over 160 organizations in the following 13 counties in southern Iowa: Appanoose, Davis, Des Moines, Henry, Jefferson, Keokuk, Lee, Louisa, Mahaska, Monroe, Van Buren, Wapello, and Wayne
Hours of Operation
Monday to Thursday: 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Friday: 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
705 West Main Street, Ottumwa, Iowa 52501 Phone 641-682-3403